Weddings & Baptism
Lebanon Presbyterian Church would be blessed to be a part of your Christian marriage ceremony. We have a beautiful sanctuary that can accommodate up to 500 people. There is a separate bridal lounge with easy access to the restrooms. We also have plenty of parking for your guests. Our wedding coordinator along with other support staff will help to make planning your wedding ceremony as smooth as possible.
Marriage is a gift from God and one that should not be taken for granted. Lebanon Presbyterian Church believes a Christian marriage is between a man and a woman and is celebrated and honored through worship, prayer, praise, sharing of vows, and the recognition of God in the marriage covenant. Therefore, couples wishing to be married at Lebanon Presbyterian Church must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The marriage must be between a man and a woman.
- The couple should be striving to faithfully attend and support the local Church, if not Lebanon Presbyterian Church then a local church in their area. Such faithful attendance and support bears witness to professing followers of Jesus Christ and their commitment to Jesus as the center of their marriage and home life.
- Couples who choose to enter into a Christian marriage at LPC will be expected to participate in 4-6 counseling sessions with the Pastor.
LPC and our leadership desire God’s best for you as you enter into a Christian marriage. Most important is your relationship with Jesus Christ and your growing reliance on Him as individuals and as a couple. Those who enter into marriage in submission to the Lord have a solid foundation upon which to build remembering that a wedding ceremony is brief, but a marriage lasts a lifetime.
Have you recently come to faith and wish to be baptized, or do you have a child that you wished to have baptized? Lebanon Presbyterian Church would be blessed to be a part of this cherished moment in your life or the life of your family. As part of the Reformed tradition, Lebanon baptizes adults who have not previously been baptized as an infant or an adult, and children who have not been previously baptized.
Baptism is a special moment in every Christian’s life, and signifies that we belong to God in Christ for the rest of our lives. Therefore, individuals wishing to be baptized, or families wishing their children to be baptized at Lebanon Presbyterian Church must adhere to the following guidelines:
- An adult asking to be baptized must not have been previously baptized either as an adult or as an infant.
- The adult must be a member of Lebanon Presbyterian Church or willing to join at the time of their baptism.
- If a child is being presented for baptism, at least one parent should be a member of Lebanon Presbyterian Church. They may join at the same time as their child is being baptized.
- If neither parent is a member of Lebanon Presbyterian Church and do not wish to become members, they will need to show their active membership in another church and explain why they wish to have their child baptized specifically at Lebanon.
- Individuals and families wishing their children to be baptized will be expected to meet with the Pastor to discuss the responsibilities and vows associated with baptism.
Baptism signifies membership in the family of God, and Lebanon Presbyterian Church will be blessed to help you.
Please contact the Pastor for more information.